Item trying to enter system - AMPED WIRELESS

Mitch01Mitch01 Posts: 5Member
Name Dropper First Comment

For two days my fing box has been emailing at 22 past the hour the an “Amped Wireless” device has connected. There is a MAC address but never an IP address in the report. Since the first report, I am using the Fing APP to “block” the device and in 2 or 3 minutes I can a second email reporting that the item disconnected.

Can anyone tell me what may be happening? I have a screenshoot of my email or can forward the email if necessary. I just attached the screenshot.

Gordon Mitchell

Best Answer

• MarcMarc Posts: 724
    500 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14 Accepted Answer

you can turn notifications off temporarily by clicking on your avatar then scrolling down to the bottom, clicking on send notification as, and clicking on do not send.

As for the wireless device causing you issues, amped make a number of wireless product... ally, Apollo, Athena etc at https://www.ampedwireless.com/family.html

To eliminate anything you have at your location, do any of these look familiar?

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...

Answers

• Mitch01Mitch01 Posts: 5Member

Can someone tell me if I get a notification if I get replies?

• MarcMarc Posts: 724Moderator, Beta Tester
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mitch01, are you seeing this actually authenticating to your network or via the digital fence?

I have no idea about your reference to authenticity vrs digital fence.

Here is the info I see.

• MarcMarc Posts: 724Moderator, Beta Tester
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14

I could not tell which tab the screenshot was coming from, hence the question. Appreciate the response.

Can you be a little more specific with your question? Are you concerned about the fact that you keep getting them or that you have a device you don’t recognize on your network?

Both.

I am using an iPhone 6s to communicate with here.

of course concerned if this device (AMPED WIRELESS) is getting into system and accessing files

Getting 48 emails isn’t fun either

Yes ok - I turned notifications off. Then removed the device. Will see if it tries again.

Thanks for the suggestions

Will see if it stays “removed!”