Open port 44444

Hello everyone.I did a port scan of my FingBox and port 44444 is currently open within the fing box.

I did a bit of research and that port number comes back as trojan.I have a few screenshots that I'm providing below.

How do I fix this backdoor on my FingBox and is anyone else having this issue?

App I used to scan the FingBox is called portdroid.

Reminder,this 44444 port is open on my FingBox

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,220
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Idrisap, welcome to the community and thanks for your question.

One of the first things that I would do is disable UPnP in your router.  It's going to vary on where you can find it and how to disable it, so search for your router model and the term 'disable UPnP' and you should find something relevant.

The next step that I would take is doing a thorough Malware scan of all of your machines on your network, both Windows and Mac.  Ensure that all of your devices aren't infected with anything especially PUP's.

I would also reconsider what software protection that you're using on those devices, and consider purchasing a subscription of the one that you feel has the most benefits and options for your network.

If you run into any issues please let us know, we're here to help and guide as much as we can.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • LazimLazim Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi Idrisap,
    To make sure that this door is open, try accessing: https://ping.eu/port-chk/
    Fill in your IP data and port 44444. Fill in the correct Captcha field and see if this port is open to the internet.
    I hope it helped you.
    Kind Regards
  • IdrisapIdrisap Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Thank you @Lazim .I followed your directions and upon putting in the correct information it gave me no response.

However here is the actual screenshot of portdroid

And that's the scan of the fingbox

edited February 13

@kltaylor thanks also.All Security measure I can possibly take as in the firewall being up,upnp disabled.wps disabled and Mac address filtering.

For the meantime I'm just going to not use fingbox.If FingBox has been compromised then absolutely pointless to use it.

As far as security software I have Malwarebytes installed on all my devices.

Paid subscriptions.

I also followed your directions and after inputting the correct information and the captcha and the click on go.Im left with the site revealing my public IP address with no results of a scan.

kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lazim, thanks for the information but @Idrisap doesn't want the 'door open' on this.

What device is the .5 on your network?  Is it the Fingbox itself?  Since performing the scans have you rebooted the entire network to see if the port still exists afterward?
    edited February 13

Yes it's a IP port scan of fingbox and yes I've unplugged and left off for ten min on the router and the FingBox.

I've scanned all my devices connected and that is only my phone a ps4 and fingbox.Ten min after my post of the IP address I went into the router in the Lan section and changed the IPs and rebooted and ran a scan again and I'm still getting the same on fingbox.And also the version of fingbox ending number is 15.Im thinking it needs a critical firmware update.when one is released then I will try fingbox again.

At the moment I no longer have an interest of having it plugged into my router

• LazimLazim Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

@kltaylor @Idrisap I know @Idrisap doesn't want that door open. I just instructed you to check that this port is accessible on the internet for intruders. BR

kltaylor
    edited February 14

So if it is accessable wat will it say or show?After putting the information in.

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,505
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is also site called shields up at https://www.grc.com/shieldsup that you can use to test what ports you have exposed if your looking for confirmation. Now as far as whether your Fingbox is compromises, I would imagine the Fing team might be interested? @Robin and @Ciaran , could one of you comment ?

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    edited February 14

I appreciate your help in this @Marc and everyone else, greatly appreciated.

To my knowledge shiledsup will scan the router only if I'm correct. Portdroid can scan individual devices. That is how I was able to find that open port only on the FingBox. Port 44444 does not show up on any other devices.Only FingBox.

I frequently go to shields up and my router passes every test.Stealth!

With my particular problem is I have an excessive compulsive narcissistic hacker that has gotten craftier and craftier.And continues to hack my devices.I purchased a FingBox brand new when I read that it will stop and protect you from hackers.

When I first gotten FingBox that port was not open after 2 months of usage is when I discovered this open port. I know everything is hackable to a degree but I was sold instantly when it said stop hackers.

This box has not stopped my hacker!

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That narrows down the culprit then @Idrisap.  So the question is, what device detects this open port, and can you issue another port scan using ShieldsUp (as @Marc suggested) to see if the port still remains open.

Shields up will not only scan the router but will cycle through connected devices and scan those for open ports as well.  Let us know what you find.