Favorite IFTTT Recipes - What are the best IFTTT automations?

VioletChepil
VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭✭
Who here uses IFTTT? What are your favorite IFTTT recipes?
Let the community know in the comments below! 

Community Manager at Fing

VioletChepilevok

Comments

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the geofence piece in IFTTT where I can designate 'work' and 'home' and my phone will send an SMS to selective contacts when I have arrived in each location.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    AllThingsdUKVioletChepilHronos
  • AllThingsdUK
    AllThingsdUK Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments Founder 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I use the presence detection on my fingbox with ittt too text when certain people are in range of my network like the postman & Hermes (never miss a delivery lol).
    I'd like to see more options with the GOOGLE home integration for fing & I use my router for detection in home assistant as it is much quicker but it doesn't detect devices that are outside of the network like the fingbox does.
    VioletChepilRob_G
  • Hackencrash
    Hackencrash Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic

My vote is for Home Assistant integration or Indigo Domotics for Mac. An exposed Fingbox API would be nice - would save me trying to wireshark it!

VioletChepilAllThingsdUK
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That's so great @AllThingsdUK I always have trouble catching the deliveries! Hopefully I don't annoy my neighbors too much ^^ 

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My vote is for Home Assistant integration or Indigo Domotics for Mac. An exposed Fingbox API would be nice - would save me trying to wireshark it!

Yes we've had a few feature requests for that and something that's been thought about. Not on the immediate road map. But you can comment and upvote the thread as well. https://community.fing.com/discussion/141/any-chance-well-ever-get-a-local-fing-api

• Rob_G
    Rob_G Member, Beta Tester Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    I'd like to use the geofence to notify me when the mailman comes but I haven't been able to nail down any of his devices, he's too quick or something.
    AllThingsdUKVioletChepilHronos
  • Amr
    Amr Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

I use IFTTT to automate Flic Buttons to carry many tasks like turn 💡 On/Off, launch some music scenes, etc. Also to have some visual indication in case of emergency Like turning Living light to Red when Water Leakage is detected, etc. It’s a bit slow BTW, I consider 2 seconds for any command execution slow!

VioletChepil
  • Thibaudl
    Thibaudl Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    Founder Photogenic First Comment
    ✭✭

I used Ifft to change the Fing color for certain users. Also use it for Spotify to save playlist and get Nest notification.

VioletChepil
  • AllThingsdUK
    ✭✭
    Rob_G said:
    I'd like to use the geofence to notify me when the mailman comes but I haven't been able to nail down any of his devices, he's too quick or something.
    Use the digital fence to pin down the device I'll let you know what type they use in a follow up comment. 
    It's something that's quite easy to identify from the list if you can pin down the time.
    VioletChepil
  • AllThingsdUK
    ✭✭
    Ok here's a screen shot of the device that royal mail use.

Hope this helps.
    VioletChepilGidster
  • Hackencrash
    Hackencrash Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic

Yes you are right. My postman uses Zebra Technologies too although understandably the MAC address is different!

VioletChepil