ERROR: Cannot find the selected network in your account

JaapvanderVeen
JaapvanderVeen Member Posts: 2
First Anniversary First Comment
I am receiving the message above, when logging in to my account the 'gear icon' does not appear on the icon bar.
So I am not able to delete inactive network. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JaapvanderVeen
    Thanks for your post. Can you please select the network and then you will be able to see the "Gear" icon and then you will be able to delete the network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JaapvanderVeen
    JaapvanderVeen Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment

As you can see: no "Gear"!
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks for the screenshot @JaapvanderVeen
    I have been trying to recreate the issue but was unable to do so. I will share the feedback with our developers to investigate. Can you try to use some other browser and see if anything changes?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Xenus
    Xenus Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Is this issue solved? As I've exactly the same error when I select one of my 2 network, nothing is displayed in the list, but I got the error "cannot  find the selected network in your account" in the web interface. When I use the IOS app, it's also impossible to synchronize the account content. Look like one of the network is corrupted. If I delete it in the IOS app, it's deleted in the app but not in the web interface, even if I synchronize it.

Your help will be very appreciated.
    Kind regards
  • Xenus
    Xenus Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Dear All,

I got some synchronization issues between Fing IOS App, Web App and Fing Desktop. It seems that in my account, there is a networg (Lechenne_Salon) which is getting in trouble. When I click on it in order to delete it, I got the error: "cannot find the selected network in your account". Even if I delete it in the IOS App, and do a synchronization it's still in the account. 
    It works fine for the other network. 
    How I can delete it from the Web interface?
    Thanks for your help and kind regards.

• Helpless
    Helpless Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment
    No one seems to have the answer.  My Fingbox was clearly hacked, so I have unplugged it from my router until this issue is resolved.  For every new technology there is always someone out their attempting to undermine.
  • RG314
    RG314 Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 14, 2021 #8
    I just encountered the same issue- my Fingbox network suddenly disappeared (in a matter of minutes after I last properly saw it using the Fing Web app), with the same error message "cannot find the selected network in your account". Any solution yet?

UPDATE 1: I keep getting notifications to my iPhone re devices on the Fingbox network which allegedly "cannot be found in my account"... The notifications look normal and contain the proper device names, the proper Fingbox network name, etc. The Fingbox is inaccessible from both the Web application ("cannot find network in your account") and the iPhone Fing app ("Last update 20 minutes ago", really, it says "20 minutes"- long AFTER the Web app stated "cannot find network in your account", and BEFORE I received the notifications mentioned above).

Update 2: During the past few hours the Fing service showed my Fingbox network in all possible states- disconnected, connected, unreachable, "disconnected for 40/20 minutes"... Many times the status was inconsistent among the apps (Web and iPhone), e.g. Web saying "connected" and iPhone saying "unreachable". During this entire time the Fingbox LED ring was steady green (i.e. connected) and I continued to receive notifications regarding devices on my Fingbox network. I even tried to power cycle the Fingbox but it didn't really help (steady green Fingbox but apps not working), until, when attempted for the 3rd time, a miracle happened: the entire network details reappeared on both the Fing Web app AND the FIng iPhone app. Everything worked fine for a few minutes but then I started to receive errors such as "device not in network" and finally the infamous "cannot find the selected network in your account".

The bottom line: it appears to be an issue with Fing's web service.
  • Lucjan
    Lucjan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I seem to have exactly the same issue as RG314.   Also constantly switching from online to offline randomly.  Showing the error "cannot find the selected account in your network" in the Web App.  I have replaced the network cable to make sure it is not a hardware issue and power cycled several times now.
    Has any solution been identified ?  
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi all,
    For the web app, we are soon going to update the new version for the web app. For the web portal, after you see the error, you can click on the network from the left list and it should display the devices on your network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • RG314
    RG314 Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 24, 2021 #11
    Robin,

I tried all your suggestions (and more) and none solves the issue. Also, what is your suggestion for the iOS Fing app that displays "unreachable" and other non-working statuses for the FIngbox network while the Fingbox ring color is constantly green (i.e. connected)? This is clearly not some issue of the Web application that can be circumvented by clicking some icon. It's either a Fingbox firmware issue or Fing's service issue.

I may have a hint that can help you to debug this issue: my Fingbox was rock-solid for years, as long as my router had its own public IP address. It was recently moved by my ISP behind a CG-NAT. Now the router's WAN IP address is on some internal ISP network, and the public IP address (of the CG-NAT) changes every few days. I suspect that there is some correlation between the CG-NAT's public IP address changes and the failures of the Fing service to manage my FIngbox network. As mentioned above, when such a malfunction happens, the Fingbox itself continues to appear to be connected to the service, but the malfunction can last forever unless I physically disconnect the Fingbox network cable, wait a few minutes(!) until it detects that it is disconnected (flashing red ring), and then when I reconnect it things seem to return to normal- I usually have to wait a long time (around 10-15 minutes) until it turns green again, but once it turns green the Fing service returns to properly reflect the status of the Fingbox network. Interestingly, even during the malfunction periods (during which the Fing service fails to manage the Fingbox network), I still get correct notifications from the Fingbox about devices on the Fingbox network that change status, etc.

To summarize: my theory is that some Fing service bug, or Fingbox firmware bug, causes loss of synchronization between the Fingbox and the FIng service each time the public IP address of the CG-NAT is changed.

I hope this will help you to troubleshoot the issue. It is a real issue- not some minor UI bug!
    Robin_from_Fing