How do I keep my phone that has a phone lock and fingerprint recognition from being hacked?

Donnamyte69Donnamyte69 Posts: 2Member
First Comment Photogenic
edited February 17 in Devices & Security

How do I keep my phone that has a phone lock and fingerprint recognition from being hacked??? There's an app that can figure out how to hack your 4 digit code, lock pattern and more than likely password. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Donnamyte

Donnamyte

Shae

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Posts: 505Administrator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers
    admin
    Hi @Donnamyte69 , what app are you referring to? (then we might be able to get a better idea of how to combat it). From what you describe,  I would imagine the fingerprint access would restrict this app, if you say that it can figure out a 4 digit code, use a longer code (again I am shooting in the dark here until you can provide more information :smile: ) Thanks

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Fingbean
  • FingbeanFingbean Posts: 4Member, Beta Tester
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hello Donnamyte, I also am curious as to the application you are referring to. Usually such applications can only hack your phone if they are installed and given permission on your phone. If you are referring to an external application that somebody else can use to hack into your phone, then that is more of a threat. Still, the hacker would need some means of communicating with your phone. (Cellular/wifi/bluetooth/usb) Also, what type of phone are you using? iPhone? Android? Regards. :smile:
  • Donnamyte69Donnamyte69 Posts: 2Member
    First Comment Photogenic

Not sure whet application it is, my fiancee found it. We have the same phone which is a Samsung A20 Android and I'm wondering if he has hacked my phone. I say that bc I noticed settings changed emails read before I read them. When he mentioned that he found an app that could hack pin a light went off...

Donnamyte

• FingbeanFingbean Posts: 4Member, Beta Tester
    Photogenic First Comment
    Unfortunately, it is common for a hacker to be someone in your inner circle. I would be cautious about jumping to conclusions. That being said, there are things you can do to lock down your phone and monitor it closer:
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-ten-best-ways-to-secure-your-android-phone/
    https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/11197-protect-your-smartphone-from-hackers.html
    Based on what you have told me so far, I would probably start by changing your password. Then I would immediately look into setting up a 2 factor authentication (2FA) or encryption for your phone. You can also explore setting up for you e-mail account(s). I realize it can be a bit of work to set up and maintain these security measures, but if it gives you peace mind with your data, it might be worth it.
    Hope this helps!
    Donnamyte69
  • MarcMarc Posts: 724Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Donnamyte69 , if you do change your password, try to avoid the simple 4 digit and if you phone supports it, choose a longer complex one. The simpler you make it, the easier it is to hack.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    RobinFingbean