Someone is logged in on my google and facebook. How can I track the location

JaytoddJaytodd Posts: 1Member

I don't understand

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 471Moderator
    50 Answers 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

The only thing you can do is feed their IP into a service and it will tell you the (possible) approximate location.

This one works:

Ciaran
  • BigGuyWhoKillsBigGuyWhoKills Posts: 1Member
    Photogenic First Comment

Some services can show login history. They may show the IP addresses and/or location. Check for that.

Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Posts: 505Administrator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers
    admin
    @Jaytodd, how do you know if they are logged in? (i.e. are you seeing specific activity on the accounts? it may be useful for other members to be able to identify in case they experience similar issues). Also, personally, I would definately be changing the passwords and using the 'sign out of all devices' functionality. I am sure you can still find the information as suggested by @BigGuyWhoKills, but I wouldnt feel comfortable knowing somebody is logged in my account.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    brianzion99
  • mdruitermdruiter Posts: 2Member
    First Comment Photogenic
    How is this relevant to Fing?!
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 471Moderator
    50 Answers 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
  • CiaranCiaran Posts: 505Administrator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers
    admin

Hi @mdruiter , we have created the Fing Community to bring people together with the aim of being:

‘The go to place for all things technology, connected devices, troubleshooting & home networks.’ So whilst it is called the 'Fing Community' we are not limited to Fing products questions/discussions, in fact the broader the discussions (in relation to the above) the more beneficial to all members. So if you have any queries, dont hesitate to ask. (as per https://community.fing.com/discussion/19/community-guidelines-updated-jan-2020/p1?new=1)

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted
  • mdruitermdruiter Posts: 2Member
    First Comment Photogenic

Ah. Sorry then. I would think the Internet has enough communities but alas...

• tymestymes CAPosts: 4Member
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Checking the bottom of gmail will indicate other IP addresses which are also accessing the mailbox.   You can also check stuff like google maps timeline and search results and app usage all in google privacy settings do if not know where they are know what they're doing and what they're interested in.   Switch to two factor Authentication and update passwords and verification settings.
    Ciaran