Washing machine wifi

Recently bought a washing machine with Wi-fi. No single where washing machine is . BT have supplied a hot spot. However the only way the machine works is by pressing the wps button on the router each time
Ciaran

Best Answer

• ScoobyScooby Posts: 74
    25 Likes 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You may need to look at your washing machine's manual. It may have to connect in a certain way.
    For example, a co-worker upgraded his lawn sprinkler system. He bought the wifi plugin for the control system. He had to download their app, on his phone, and create an account. Then, he had to disconnect from his home wifi, and connect to the wifi plugin. The app identified the wifi plugin, and then asked to connect to his home wifi. Once connected, the wifi plugin was then connected to his home wifi. Now, with the app, he can control his sprinkler system anywhere he is.
    Ciaran

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 471Moderator
    50 Answers 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Is there a question? What is BT?

• FinritFinrit Posts: 2Member
    First Comment Photogenic

BT is a service provider in the uk. The question is why won’t the washer find the Wi-fi automatically

• MarcMarc Posts: 724Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    @Finrit , thinking out loud...  You are connecting to a BT hot spot.. can I assume then that this is not your own exclusive router and an open connection provided by BT?  I wonder if the hotspot disallows persistent connections so that it's forcing a new connection each time you connect.  Hence the need to push the WPS button.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    TemosheeFinritAlbert
    ✭✭✭✭

Does the machine not have an application or a built in hotspot for configuration of standard WiFi? All routers don't have WPS thus there must be a way to configure the connection outside of WPS.

Finrit
  • MarcMarc Posts: 724Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rooted said:

Does the machine not have an application or a built in hotspot for configuration of standard WiFi? All routers don't have WPS thus there must be a way to configure the connection outside of WPS.

Good point @rooted, some manufacturers provide an app that lets you configure the network if the machine itself lacks an interface.  Example I just installed a wifi enabled garage door opener.  To configure the network piece, I had to download an app, connect to the device directly and configure it with my network details like SSID and password.  Once that was done it connected automatically to my wifi and I was done.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Finrit
    ✭✭✭✭

That's my thinking, much like Google Home or a lot of other IoT devices.

@Finrit What is the make and model of your machine?

Finrit
  • TemosheeTemoshee Posts: 18Member
    10 Comments First Answer Name Dropper Photogenic
    Perhaps making sure it stays on a 5Ghz connection would help. Assigning a fixed IP address with DHCP so it doesn't keep changing might help too. What is the model?
    FinritCiaranAlbert
  • AlbertAlbert Posts: 35Member
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Lock MAC address to IP manually. so it remains locked.