Why does one of my tplink hs200 keep cycling between in range and online?

jamzm
jamzm Pittsburgh, PA, USAMember Posts: 133
100 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
✭✭
edited February 11, 2020 in Fing App #1

Why does one of my tplink hs200 keep cycling between in range and online?

I used to be fat.

Best Answer

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓
    Hi @jamzm

The reason you may be experiencing this issue in relation to alerts for specific device, is that you might have changed the state change alert from default value to a different value. The usual default value is 20 minutes. Sometimes, when the device is not in use, it may go to sleep mode and then if the state change is set to the lowest value of 1 or 2 minutes, it can be recorded as offline or out of range. So, when it returns back from the sleep mode, it will be marked as 'Online' and thus providing you with an alert. If the state change alert value is set to more than 20 minutes, then until that time period is finished, that device will still be marked 'Online' and only after that time period it will be recorded as 'Offline', thus providing you with an alert. 

In order to change the alert settings, please click on the device from the device list and then scroll down to 'State Change Timeout(auto)' . You can then set the value to at least 20 minutes. This will resolve your issue.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    jamzm

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 893
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be very difficult to answer, perhaps the device is indeed going offline due to interference since it's likely using 2.4ghz?

jamzm
  • jamzm
    ✭✭

Thanks for your input, but there is nothing in close proximity that could interfere.

I used to be fat.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply.  I set this switch notification to 20 minutes.
    I used to be fat.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Hello, thanks again for answers to my previous question.  Another question I have is;  Why doesn't the map work?  I loaded my location in the USA, but it always takes me to the UK.
    I used to be fat.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jamzm said:
    Hello, thanks again for answers to my previous question.  Another question I have is;  Why doesn't the map work?  I loaded my location in the USA, but it always takes me to the UK.
    Can you share the screenshot of this so I can investigate? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jamzm
    ✭✭

How can i bring the map up on my andrpid phone?

I used to be fat.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jamzm said:

How can i bring the map up on my andrpid phone?

Go to the Network tab and click on the ISP tab and then you will find an option to click on "locate" and "edit". You can click on locate and then click on Edit and you will see the details section with MAP.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)