Facebook to Pay $550M to Settle Class Action Case Over Facial Recognition
Facebook has agreed to pay $550 million to Illinois users to settle a class-action lawsuit filed over the use of its face-tagging technology to collect facial-recognition data on its social media platform.
The company unveiled the settlement on a quarterly financial call Wednesday, in which it attributed the settlement to the company’s general and administrative costs, which increased 87 percent from a year ago, according to a published report.
To read more of this article, please click on the Source link above.
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
- 4.9K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 929 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 100 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.4K Ask about Fing
- 407 Fing Account Change Request
- 868 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 467 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 147 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides