Anyone with issues with Eero Pro, 4 Node Wired Network setup, and Fingbox V1 and V2?

Koho42
Koho42 Member Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
I am running latest Fingbox IOS app and latest Eero Pro firmware.  When I add the fingbox to my network, in any location via my home wired network, it fails to pull in the list of devices on my network, 20-30 unique devices at a time.  I can watch it scan though my /24 network and identify the devices, but at the end of the scan, it deletes them all and only shows the Fingbox as the only device on the network.  If I simply swap out the Eero Pro system for either Google Wifi, AmplifiHD, Linksys Velop, Netgear, mesh systems, it works perfectly.  It only does this with the Eero Pro’s setup, a total of 4 wired nodes.  I’ve tried everything by removing Eero features from the setup and still no luck. I’ve tried the slow network discovery option in the app and limited the network size to /24.  I’m at a total loss as what the issue is, hoping someone else has encountered this too.  I even ordered a new Fingbox V2 and have had the same problem.  The other interesting thing of note is when I look at my location in the Fing app, it only shows one Eero node and the DNS server is always 0.0.0.0.  When I use the other systems, it always shows all the nodes and the proper DNS server for that configuration.  Thanks in advance for any advice someone may have.  Love the fingbox and love Eero, but can’t seem to get them on the same page.
Tagged:
rooted

Answers

• Scooby
    Scooby Member Posts: 178
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    I found this post, from December, here:
    It seems the individual, who posted, only had 3 "nodes" vs. the 4 you have. What happens if you only connect only one or two nodes? Are the other mesh systems mentioned (Google Wifi, AmplifiHD, Linksys Velop, Netgear, etc) 4 node systems, as well?
    Unfortunately, I do not have a Fingbox, at this time, so this may not be helpful. Hoping someone else, like @rooted or @Marc or @Robin, will post with ideas.

• Koho42
    Koho42 Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for the link, think my issues are a little different.  I have done 4 nodes with the other systems, it’s just so strange, my gut tells me something in the Eero security is preventing normal communication with the fingbox.  Just hoping someone has figured it out, or has suggestions I can try.  Thanks for the reply!
  • Scooby
    Scooby Member Posts: 178
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    Do you see the Fingbox listed in the Eero iOS app?
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,802
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to look at, you might want to check to see if the following ports are open to the Fingbox... 
    *make sure to allow Fingbox to reach any IP address on the following TCP ports: 80, 443, 4443, 5671.

In addition, the ports needed for the Internet Speed Test, provided by M-Lab include 3001, 3002, 3003.”

Linked from https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/firewall-compatibility/

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...