About the ad-free Fing subscription

SoylentSoylent Member Posts: 9
5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

When I get notifications from the app, it also shows me info about a Fing subscription to go ad-free. I don't see any ads, so is this something new?

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Soylent, welcome to our community.

Yes, the ads are a 'new thing' that was recently introduced into the app itself.  There are two ways that you can permanently remove ads from the app, first would be the method that you presented above in the screenshot, and the second would be in purchasing a Fingbox and attaching your Fing app account to it.

If an ad didn't display, then there may be something happening with the display files themselves or with the coding in order to display that.  Man, can I say 'display' any more in that sentence?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Ciaran
  • SoylentSoylent Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

Ah, OK. I do own a Fingbox, so that explains why I don't see the ads. You probably shouldn't display that prompt for Fingbox owners

• WilboZWilboZ Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    I actually have TWO issues.

1. I completed the procedure for a year’s “subscription” in the app on my iPad Pro.  I still have ADs

2. I DO have a FingBox on my network, yet I still, still have ADs on my iPad Pro.

Help?
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @WilboZ, first check to ensure that your iPad has all of the OS updates installed.  Also please ensure that you are logged into the same account that you used for your Fingbox.  With those categories set, you should not have ads in the mobile app at all.
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Also, following @kltaylor advice, please sign out and sign in again with Fingbox account, then you wont see any ads. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @WilboZ did that help to eliminate the advertisements?