About the ad-free Fing subscription

Soylent
Soylent Member Posts: 9
5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

When I get notifications from the app, it also shows me info about a Fing subscription to go ad-free. I don't see any ads, so is this something new?

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Soylent, welcome to our community.

Yes, the ads are a 'new thing' that was recently introduced into the app itself.  There are two ways that you can permanently remove ads from the app, first would be the method that you presented above in the screenshot, and the second would be in purchasing a Fingbox and attaching your Fing app account to it.

If an ad didn't display, then there may be something happening with the display files themselves or with the coding in order to display that.  Man, can I say 'display' any more in that sentence?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Ciaran
  • Soylent
    Soylent Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

Ah, OK. I do own a Fingbox, so that explains why I don't see the ads. You probably shouldn't display that prompt for Fingbox owners

• WilboZ
    WilboZ Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    I actually have TWO issues.

1. I completed the procedure for a year’s “subscription” in the app on my iPad Pro.  I still have ADs

2. I DO have a FingBox on my network, yet I still, still have ADs on my iPad Pro.

Help?
  • kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @WilboZ, first check to ensure that your iPad has all of the OS updates installed.  Also please ensure that you are logged into the same account that you used for your Fingbox.  With those categories set, you should not have ads in the mobile app at all.
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Also, following @kltaylor advice, please sign out and sign in again with Fingbox account, then you wont see any ads. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
  • kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @WilboZ did that help to eliminate the advertisements?
  • Wilfred
    Wilfred Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi all,

I remember about a year ago getting the same options as @Soylent and signing up for the year of ad-free Fing App. I would like to do this again, but can no longer find an option to do so. Am I missing something or has this been rolled into the Premium subscription service?

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @Wilfred
    To update,
    • Users on Ads-free will remain on ads-free automatically. They can cancel from their AppStore/PlayStore accounts.
    • Users on Ads-free on Android can upgrade to Premium directly from the App. When they do, their charge will be prorated. Once they do, they cannot downgrade to Ads-free anymore, once
    • Users on Ads-free on iOS can subscribe to Premium directly from the App. The two subscriptions go in parallel, so they’ll have to cancel their Ads-free subscription from the App Store (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039). We can do on their behalf, neither from the App nor from the backend
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Wilfred

Hi @Robin

I can see my ad-free subscription on an Android device has expired, and I can no longer renew. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no success.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Wilfred said:

Hi @Robin

I can see my ad-free subscription on an Android device has expired, and I can no longer renew. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no success.

If you have not subscribed to premium at any stage then you can definitely renew your ads free. Have you checked with Google? Please check this link if it is helpful to you: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Wilfred

I tried the options offered by Google support and am still having issues. I was unable to renew the subscription; instead the expired subscription was completely removed from my list of active and inactive subscriptions.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Wilfred said:

I tried the options offered by Google support and am still having issues. I was unable to renew the subscription; instead the expired subscription was completely removed from my list of active and inactive subscriptions.

It seems like when your subscription was expired google has removed it from its list. However, I am afraid it is not possible to reactivate the ads-free again. If the subscription would have been activated then it would auto-renew.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Wilfred

That's really unfortunate, I guess the only way around it would be to create a new account associated with a new email address?