Can you hide the fingbox away in say the attic?
I want to attach a fingbox to my network. Can I hide it away up in my attic where I’ve got a switch or does it need to be in a prominent WiFi place like the main house plugged into my router?
I think the WiFi fence scanning thing might need the better WiFi positioning but I mainly want it to track known devices joining and leaving the network (the kids in and out of the house) so as long as it’s connected via ethernet to the switch it should be fine right?
- 5.4K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 998 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 111 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 5.1K Ask about Fing
- 529 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 480 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides