Network Name Setting

sirius
sirius Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited January 24, 2020 in Fingbox #1
So, fing deleted several networks from my account, including a network that had a fingbox attached. Fing support suggested I do this in the app: Settings > Account Storage > Restore. That did nothing, my networks are still missing.  I then set up the fingbox as new. During setup I was required to select a location type, home, office, etc.  Now my network simply shows up as Office, not the name I applied to it. The applied name does show when I select the network in fing app, but the app list simply says Office and I am unable to change that. 
Following these directions did not cure the issue: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/can-change-name-network-display/
Any idea how I can correct this issue?
Thank you!
W_T_F

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • W_T_F
    W_T_F On EarthMember Posts: 33
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

I'm having similar issues after I renamed my network in the router. Now Fingbox online account has no saved network nor anywhere to add a network. Very limited as to what I can do. In the app I have listed the new network name fine but I had deleted the other ones because I had confused myself and wanted to have one list. Did I do something terribly wrong?

Any assistance would be awesome! I'm an old grandma and not too swift these days. I've done many searches for similar issues and this is as close as I got. I hope you don't mind!

#fingbox #network #Fingboxapp

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Grammie_SueXs3
    Can you try to uninstall the Fing App and then install again and run the scan and see if the network remains or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • W_T_F
    W_T_F On EarthMember Posts: 33
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 11, 2020 #5

@Robin

I did just that and now I'm ripping my hair out! Lol, not really but feel like it!

May I ask for your assistance in a dm?

I'm more confused than yesterday! If that's even possible!

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Grammie_SueXs3
    Just sent you a DM. Please check. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    W_T_F