Anyone heard of “Redpine Signals?”

Joedavis44Joedavis44 Member Posts: 23
10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
I have an unknown device that keeps popping up on my network.  Only identifying info that Fing can detect is the MAC address of 00:23:A7:D8:D6:14 and the MAC vendor as “Redpine Signals.”  Anyone ever heard of this company or know what the device might be?
Ciaran

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 762
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you have any IoT devices using Zigbee? Such as lightbulbs, temperature monitoring, etc?

Ciaran
  • Joedavis44Joedavis44 Member Posts: 23

Plenty of IoT devices, not sure if any are Zigbee, but all of them show up in Fing. Here is the list:

Lutron Homeworks system

Nest thermostats

August Smart lock

Chamberlin MyQ garage door interface.

Ambient Device Weather Station.

Like I said, all of these showed up in Fing., so it is something else showing up as Redpine Signals.

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Joedavis44
    The Redpine Signals are manufacturers of semiconductors. The Fing App discovery will identify devices on a best effort basis, based on the information made available by the device, e.g. the MAC address. I believe any of your IoT devices is being detected as Redpine Signals. You can try to remove the device and try to run the scan again so correct device can be identified. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ProTecKProTecK Member Posts: 53
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Answer
    ✭✭

Block the device. See what stops working. Also a great way to track down a user hogging up bandwidth. They will start complaining pretty quick when you cut them off.

• AnthonyBAnthonyB Member Posts: 26
    ✭✭
    In my home, it is a Tesla Powerwall 2 Battery. As mentioned above,  there could be many different companies using that same component.  
  • Joedavis44Joedavis44 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks Anthony.  You are correct.  It took me a while to figure this out myself.  I finally Googled the weird code that was showing up as information and it pointed to a Tesla web page and showed this code as an internal Powerwall part number..