Fing Desktop Beta Suggestion (Netflix Check)

TariqTariq Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
Photogenic
I've been using the Fing desktop app on the Mac for a while now.
I had one suggestion, at work our firewall blocks access to Netflix, this is a known limitation.  There should be a way to clear the notification and permanently disable that check. 
For that matter we should be able to clear any warning/notification.
MayamuneerThosj1tonydijtjbt20xfLanceSPablo613
7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thank you for the idea @Tariq
    I will pass on your feedback to our developers. For all other users who feel this would be beneficial, please click the 'Upvote' button. Thank you
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • muneermuneer Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    This is a must-have feature.  A verification that "www.google.com" (or bing!) is available is more beneficial than a Netflix check.
  • LanceSLanceS Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Bumping this topic as Netflix really is a poor choice for verifying connectivity.  At the least, would be an improvement to be able to choose some provided options (Google, Amazon, Apple).  There is a good reason captive.apple.com is widely employed.
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The premium Desktop app allows you to configure additional URL's for connectivity tests.  I've put in my work portal for example and it works as expected.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • LanceSLanceS Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    @Marc, appreciate the clarification.  If I have to buy premium to fix my experience, I'll just uninstall. The IOS App paired with my Fingbox already provides most of the functionality I need that isn't already handled by my firewall and wi-fi management platform.

Cheers!