How to install Netflix on Android TV?

Robin_from_Fing
Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,746
250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
admin
edited January 22, 2020 in Devices & Security #1
I have an Android TV and I wanted to install Netflix on it and it gives me an error whenever I try to install Netflix. Is there any fix to install Netflix or it does not run Netflix on Android TV?
Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Comments

• Mirekmal
    Mirekmal Member, Beta Tester Posts: 68
    10 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you are trying to install it from Google Play Store (install to my device) or directly from Android TV? What is the error you get? What is version of Android that is installed on your TV? Recently Netflix removed support for some older platforms (but I think it was older Sony TV and Samsung only (both non android, but I might miss something)... If it is compatibility problem you should not even be able to start installation...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,746
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin

It's a VU Official Android TV with Android Oreo. When I tried installing Netflix from Google PlayStore, it gave an error that " it might not be compatible with the device"

Once it was installed, when i tried to open it, it shows error code NW-6-400.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Mirekmal
    Mirekmal Member, Beta Tester Posts: 68
    10 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    In case of VU it might be licensing issue between VU and Neflix specific to Oreo (prior versions of Android should be fine):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/9pv9d5/netflix_error_code_nw6400_on_vu_android_tv/
    But since this post 1 year old... this might have been resolved in meantime... So sorry, couldn't help more...
    Robin_from_Fing