Multiple Access Points Showing as Multiple Networks
This is my first post so I hope I’m in the right area.
My network is set up pretty simply:
- Wireless Router connected to modem. Handles routing. First floor of home. Apple AirPort Extreme.
- Wireless router hardwired to Main router, acts as a bridge. Second floor of home. No routing and functions just as a wireless access point. Also Apple AirPort Extreme.
My question is when I scan my network on the Fing app, the network will show up and show the connected devices. But if I scan later, a second, identical network will show up and without any of the custom information I’ve saved from the first list. I believe the second one shows up when I’m connected to the second router (access point). Regardless of if I’m connected to the main router or the access point, shouldn’t they both just populate the same network list?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1K Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 108 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 42 Network Infrastructure
- 5.1K Ask about Fing
- 529 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 474 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides