Device list is overwritten after logging in Fing app with new phone. Unintended sync behavior.
- I usually use Fing app on my phone A and scan my network ESSID=N.
- The device list syncs with app.fing.com. I'm happy.
- I got the another phone B and scan the same network ESSID=N by Fing app without logging in.
- The device list appears only on phone B. I'm happy.
- I login on phone B, it overwrites my device list of ESSID=N in app.fing.com. Not syncing, just overwriting.
I guess I should login to Fing app on the new phone before scanning my network ESSID=N. It's my fault. But I think it's common situation for other users. I hope I could have an option to merge them or to be warned before overwriting at least. Anyway I think Fing is the first app everyone should use to scan their networks. It helps me a lot. THX .
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1K Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 42 Network Infrastructure
- 4.9K Ask about Fing
- 529 Fing Account Change Request
- 1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 480 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 27 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides