Fing & app where’s my functions?

Redplasma12
Redplasma12 Member Posts: 14
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I have unplugged and put away my Fing for several months, I had another one in use but it quit working so now I’m trying to get this one going again. The app won’t find this fingbox nor does the app offer features such as “block device” and vulnerability test and security fence, close open ports, etc...I tried to restore purchase but to no avail, I restarted both my router and fingbox and my iPhone XR that the app is on. Also the Fing is pulsing blue lights from one side to the other side persistently. Help!

kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Redplasma12, welcome to the community.

First, thanks for uploading screenshots of what you're experiencing, for me it helps to visually see the same thing to try and understand the issue.

Right away I'd say that your app and Fingbox aren't connected, simply because of the ad at the bottom of your app screen.  If it's using the same account, the Fingbox will remove the ads from showing in the app.

With that being said, have you tried resetting the device using the inset reset button and see if that helps?  Uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Redplasma12
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,110
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020 #3
    @Redplasma12 , this link will take you to the light guide...  https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/.  There are a few reasons for blue so you will need to read and match it up to your Fingboxes light behavior.

Next question...  Are you using the same account that you used for the old Fingbox?  Thats a must for the features to still be present.  As long as you did not disassociate the old box from your account, it still should appear in your app as long as you choose it from your drop down.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    kltaylorRedplasma12
  • kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc said:
    @Redplasma12 , this link will take you to the light guide...  https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/.  There are a few reasons for blue so you will need to read and match it up to your Fingboxes light behavior.

Next question...  Are you using the same account that you used for the old Fingbox?  Thats a must for the features to still be present.  As long as you did not disassociate the old box from your account, it still should appear in your app as long as you choose it from your drop down.

You know what they say about 'great minds', right @Marc?  lol
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Redplasma12
  • Redplasma12
    edited January 16, 2020 #5

I do believe this fingbox is the one I loaned to my sister and therefore it’s most likely under her account, how do I change that? I have the receipts for both Fing boxes lol. Plus the reset button seems to not be in the hole marked “reset” it’s just a hole. It touches nothing

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Too funny...  at the exact same time??!!!   B)
    Redplasma12
  • Redplasma12

Yes I purchased them at the exact same time, she lives 9 miles away and I thought it was the perfect birthday gift. 😁

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way @Redplasma12 is for her to remove the fingbox from her account which will then free it up for you to use on yours.  All she needs to do is remove it from her app.
  • Redplasma12

Done that, still nothing. Ugh, ty for your help

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Redplasma12, don't give up yet.  @Ciaran or @Robin , can one of you fine gents lend a hand ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Redplasma12
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.