Troubleshooting WIFI connectivity / packet loss?
There is a particular game I play that if I'm on WIFI, even though I'm literally sitting within about 6 feet of the router, will drop me if I'm playing an online opponent very regularly. So much so that I have to often turn off WIFI on my phone and play with LTE, even though I only have 1 bar of signal, I almost never get dropped when on LTE. This tells me something weird is going on on my home network. How can I troubleshoot if I'm dealing with packet loss or something else that's causing me not to maintain a connection? I do have a Fingbox installed.
- 4.9K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 929 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 100 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.4K Ask about Fing
- 407 Fing Account Change Request
- 868 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 467 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 147 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides