Am I being monitored via services on my router and possible camera?

LovelifeLovelife Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic

I have 2 services on my router that concern me. IPP- I don't have a printer... Is this just normal service? And Portmaper RPCbind. There is also (what I thought was) our fire stick. But as I looked in to it has an Apache JServe Protocol service on it. The device info looks strange. It says APnP AFTT... When I research that I find cameras... I'm lost. I am or thought I was the only person that could access my router login. I've changed the passwords and rest it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 739
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Your router likely has a print server built in, rpcbind is normal. I scanned my 4K firestick and it has the same port open which is okay.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    NetNoob63
  • JoeJoe Member, Beta Tester Posts: 53
    10 Comments 5 Likes First Answer Founder
    ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    GRC’s Shields Up is a good alternative test to Fingbox. https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

Answers

• JoeJoe Member, Beta Tester Posts: 53
    10 Comments 5 Likes First Answer Founder
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you have Universal Plug n Play (UPnP) disabled on your router otherwise devices on your network will punch holes in your firewall so you (and others) can access those devices from outside your network. IP cameras do this by default but as long as you don’t need to see anything from outside your network, everything else should still work.
  • LovelifeLovelife Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have UPnP disabled, and I will check out the link you attached, appreciate both your responses!