Can I check how many internet my devices are consuming in the fing app or in another way?

Hello, I have some problems with the latency of my internet since I installed 3 security cameras in my house.I want to manage the internet of the devices to have my cameras doing their job but without having a lot of latency when I am doing other stuff but I haven't found a way.

Best Answer

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I live in Mexico and have an Arris router but I don't know if it supports the bandwidth monitoring. That's why I wanted to know if there was a way to monitor it remotely.

While I recommend Ubiquti routers, many consumers won't know the advantage of using those as a home router and could lean towards another brand that they see in a brick and mortar store.

The ASUS router that I use for my network (AI Mesh included) does display bandwidth information, but really doesn't provide the user to throttle the bandwidth per device, which is what I think @Ethic_hacker is asking about.

If you want to dig that deep into managing your network, I would like to suggest adding a Linux server OS machine and installing network monitoring and management software from there.  If you prefer to use Windows, check this link for a search that shows both Freemium and Paid solutions.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,191
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ethic_hacker and welcome to the community.

At this time Fing app nor Fingbox has the capability to monitor internet bandwidth on a device by device basis.  This feature has been suggested, but in the interim, if you need to compile that information on your network you will need to perform a Google search for the features that you're looking for.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • Ethic_hackerEthic_hacker Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment

Is there an app or something for this?

• msabelnmsabeln Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Bandwidth monitoring is something that would normally found in the router, but not all brands support it. My Ubiquiti router has limited bandwidth monitoring, while I have a Netgear managed switch that gives me long-term statistics. 

What model router do you have?

I live in Mexico and have an Arris router but I don't know if it supports the bandwidth monitoring. That's why I wanted to know if there was a way to monitor it remotely.

Yes, this was the thing I was asking for. Thanks for the information, I think I will use the windows solution because I am not very good with Linux. Thanks for the solution, regards from Mexico.