Can I check how many internet my devices are consuming in the fing app or in another way?

Hello, I have some problems with the latency of my internet since I installed 3 security cameras in my house.I want to manage the internet of the devices to have my cameras doing their job but without having a lot of latency when I am doing other stuff but I haven't found a way.

Best Answer

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓

I live in Mexico and have an Arris router but I don't know if it supports the bandwidth monitoring. That's why I wanted to know if there was a way to monitor it remotely.

While I recommend Ubiquti routers, many consumers won't know the advantage of using those as a home router and could lean towards another brand that they see in a brick and mortar store.

The ASUS router that I use for my network (AI Mesh included) does display bandwidth information, but really doesn't provide the user to throttle the bandwidth per device, which is what I think @Ethic_hacker is asking about.

If you want to dig that deep into managing your network, I would like to suggest adding a Linux server OS machine and installing network monitoring and management software from there.  If you prefer to use Windows, check this link for a search that shows both Freemium and Paid solutions.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin_Ex_Fing

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ethic_hacker and welcome to the community.

At this time Fing app nor Fingbox has the capability to monitor internet bandwidth on a device by device basis.  This feature has been suggested, but in the interim, if you need to compile that information on your network you will need to perform a Google search for the features that you're looking for.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • Ethic_hacker
    Ethic_hacker Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment

Is there an app or something for this?

• msabeln
    msabeln Member Posts: 9
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Bandwidth monitoring is something that would normally found in the router, but not all brands support it. My Ubiquiti router has limited bandwidth monitoring, while I have a Netgear managed switch that gives me long-term statistics. 

What model router do you have?
  • Ethic_hacker

I live in Mexico and have an Arris router but I don't know if it supports the bandwidth monitoring. That's why I wanted to know if there was a way to monitor it remotely.

• Ethic_hacker

Yes, this was the thing I was asking for. Thanks for the information, I think I will use the windows solution because I am not very good with Linux. Thanks for the solution, regards from Mexico.