Warning about scam site selling Fingbox

rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 471Moderator
50 Answers 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees
✭✭✭✭

This site is "selling" Fingbox for $49 but upon checking the site is just a pop-up scam. Hoping someone will see the URL here and understand not to fall for this.

The site is:

And if you check the site for safety you will see it's a scam.

kltaylorCiaranRobinIdrisapCarlo_from_Fingdug_wpatrizia

Best Answer

• CiaranCiaran Posts: 505
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for keeping us updated @rooted. We also sell on Newegg. The best way to ensure you are ordering from an official Seller/distributoris:   please visit our website below and select your country. You will then be directed to our store where you can continue to make your purchase.

https://www.fing.com/products/fingbox

(of course this excludes 2nd hand Fingbox, which we do not have any influence over)

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    dug_w

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Posts: 760Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good find, my friend.  We should promote this so that it's top of the page for the community.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    rooteddug_w
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 471Moderator
    ✭✭✭✭

Well so far I've but heard of anyone getting bit but it's certainly possible.

Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Posts: 505Administrator
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers
    admin
    Thank you @rooted for finding this and highlighting it. We will promote it also to give our members more visibility.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 471Moderator
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18

The site is no longer up but I just wanted to say if a deal seems too good to be true it generally is. I recommend purchasing Fingbox from Amazon or Newegg and question any other place selling it new at a discount.

Robin