Fingbox disconnects sporadically

14567810»

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 893
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It happens to me also, have you tried the usual suspects?

Replacing the network cable, the power cable, and/or the power brick?

• martenit
    martenit Member, Beta Tester Posts: 32
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    rooted said:

It happens to me also, have you tried the usual suspects?

Replacing the network cable, the power cable, and/or the power brick?

I have been through every conceivable attempt to resolve this. This is from power supply, network cables, different network ports, hardware reset, firmware update, reset to factory defaults etc. Nothing I have done has changed anything. 
    When this all started, I also noticed that things like when a device leaves the network, it does not get reported straight away and can take 20 minutes before being notified.
    The assessment eventually by Fing was that the device may be faulty. Obviously this is a possibility but the fact that a large number of people were reporting the same issues at around the same time makes that seem unlikely (unless there was a planned obsolescence for the device and they all failed around the same time). 
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've also wondered if it's not a hardware issue with my fingbox, when everyone else was having outages I wasn't and after the issue was resolved for others is when I began having outages.

I've also noticed my fingbox will occasionally downshift to 100 megabits and stay there until I reboot it.

• martenit
    I really don’t have anything further to try and I won’t buy another box to determine if that is the problem. Overall, the box keeps reporting and doing its thing. I just ignore the reporting of lost connections of which there are many every day.
  • PineyCreek
    PineyCreek Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    martenit said:
    I really don’t have anything further to try and I won’t buy another box to determine if that is the problem. Overall, the box keeps reporting and doing its thing. I just ignore the reporting of lost connections of which there are many every day.

I haven't had the issue in quite a long time.  Part of the issue was definitely on Fing's end and the frequency of lost connections/reporting dropped significantly after they made their changes some time ago.  The rest seemed to resolve after swapping the ethernet cable.
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get it all the time unfortunately.

• Rog7
    Rog7 UKMember Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Still happening here too.

I switched the box off 6 months ago due to this and thought I would give it another try, but it still disconnects regularly.
  • martenit
    The never ending issue. Obviously not going to be resolved. The answer was that there was a fault with my device but given it is a widespread issue and they all started around the same time, I find that hard to believe.