Beta Testing of Fing 8.8.0 for iOS

marco_from_fingmarco_from_fing Posts: 43Administrator
10 Comments 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
admin
Hey all!
New year, new Fing versions! 
We have significantly reviewed and revamped all areas to provide a unified smooth User Interface across Fing and Fingbox pages. This is part 1 of an ongoing activity to align, simplify and improve the journeys within the App. 
Not only that, you can now find:
  1. Access to Fing Outage Detector from the App: see and get notifications for Internet outages in your area about your Internet Provider
  2. Access to the full set of stats about Internet Providers: statistics, ratings, reviews, scoreboards, all from within the App. Navigate through cities and internet providers to be informed
If you were part of a Fing TestFlight group before, you may already have received the new version. If not, jump in right now and get the beta at this link 
https://testflight.apple.com/join/SXreQpuV

Let us know what you think (and more importantly, if you spot bugs, crashes and the like).
Happy Finging!
GoforthkdrootedPax0707Fabian

Comments

• MarcMarc Posts: 602Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @marco_from_fing, did an install and quick go over. Nice refresh!  Install was seamless over the old version. So far everything works as it should and like the help and forum links. Good stuff....
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciaranmarco_from_fingRobinFabian
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 315Moderator
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Likes Member of the Month
    ✭✭✭
    The ping screen seems incorrect, should display the full graph?
  • MarcMarc Posts: 602Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaling is kind of strange as well for numbers under 1sec...  all you see are zeros.  I would have assumed it would scale appropriately to show .1, .2 etc...

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • marco_from_fingmarco_from_fing Posts: 43Administrator
    admin
    Thanks @Marc . That's right, although the scale is in milliseconds, and your ping time is increadibly low (below 1 millisec). We can definitely tune that in case of super-fast network pings.
    Marc
    admin
    Thank you all for testing the first beta!
    As a few users experienced a crash at startup, we have issued a new beta which should address that. It'd be great if you could test it out on TestFlight to verify if that solved the problems you were experiencing.
    There's still plenty of smaller items to address, but we want to make sure that in terms of stability you're not having any major issue! 
  • Pax0707Pax0707 Posts: 27Member
    10 Comments Photogenic
    App keeps crashing while in background.
    Report sent.
    admin
    Thanks @Pax0707! Unfortunately the crash report is very reduced (a few identifiers but no stack trace). Can you help us dig deeper? Does it happen when you put in background from a specific view/page? Is it scanning while sent in background? Should you have the possibility to grab a video, that could help us trying to replicate the issue. 
    Thanks a lot for helping us squash the bug!
  • Pax0707Pax0707 Posts: 27Member
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I would finish using it for scanning, speedtests, etc, go to some other app and continue using the phone. At some point later, mostly after unlocking the iPhone I would get the prompt that the app crashed and if I want to send a report to the developer. 
    My guess would be that with 13.x changes to background usage Fing doesn't get to exit gracefully and gets killed by the system.