Report asks for Context, but the options are not selectable... nothing happens when I click on one.

Tagged:

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @rjjakubowski, thank you for the feedback. These should be selectable? (I have just tested it). Initially, please ensure you have the most up to date version of the Desktop Beta (New version of Fing Desktop - 0.7.6). If you are still experiencing issues, please provide details of your specific device and we can investigate further. thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Chris_SChris_S Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 2020
    Hi, I'm having the same problem. I have a Fing box on my home network but when the App runs on my laptop at work I get this problem and clicking on Office (or any of the other options) does nothing.

Version 0.7.6
    admin
    These should be selectable? (I have just tested it). Initially, please ensure you have the most up to date version of the Desktop Beta (New version of Fing Desktop - 0.7.6). If you are still experiencing issues, please provide details of your specific device and we can investigate further. thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Chris_SChris_S Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Update: Yesterday afternoon that warning vanished without being able to select a context, i'll keep an eye out an see if it reappears
    FYI Win10 Pro 64bit 1909 on Dell Latitude E6540
    Ciaran
    admin
    Thanks @Chris_S . If you check on the 'Home' page it should show the current 'Context' of the network you are scanning e.g. see below. If you experience anything else unusual with this, please dont hesitate to come back to us.  

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    admin
    @rjjakubowski are you still experiencing this issue with latest version? If so can you confirm what system you are using? Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
  • rjjakubowskirjjakubowski Member, Beta Tester Posts: 27
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Nothing seemed to happen when I clicked "Public" on the context unknown alert message.  However, the correct context (Public) now shows at the top of the scan results after they are completed.   Also, the scan details appear to be correct now.  (I am on a cruise ship with over 600 users on the network, so it takes some time for the scan ti complete!)
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Forgot to provide my system info:  Lenovo Flex 5 64 bit.

admin
    Thanks @rjjakubowski thanks for the update. So it seems as if the context is set now.

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Yes.  I guess it would be nice if clicking on the context alert message provided some feedback that it has been set.
    Ciaran
  • GolfSierraGolfSierra Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    in my Mac version 1.0.0 I am still asked to provide a context for my network. But when clicking e.g. "HOME" still nothing happens.I attached my HOME-SCREEN an the CONNECTIVITY-SCREEN. Any ideas?

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi,
    Can you try to go to the Connectivity tab and then run a scan for devices and first option you will see to set or edit the network context. You can click on it and then edit the network context. Please try that and see if that is helpful.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • GolfSierraGolfSierra Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Tried already but not working. I am just figuring out this directly with fing support now ... thanks
  • RichyCarmaro40RichyCarmaro40 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Did anyone figure this out?  I have the same issue.  I'm told I have a new network, Comcast Cable, when I've had it for years and it just recently started annoying me with this.  However, the choices can't be saved.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Did anyone figure this out?  I have the same issue.  I'm told I have a new network, Comcast Cable, when I've had it for years and it just recently started annoying me with this.  However, the choices can't be saved.
    From home tab run a scan for devices and go to the Network tab and you will see to set or edit the network context. You can click on it and then edit the network context. Please try that and see if that is helpful.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!