Categories

MotoMike33MotoMike33 Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

Hello,

Newbie cashing in his newbie question card.

Regarding the ‘people’ categories how is this most commonly used? The obvious is to assign specific personal devices to specific users (I.e. phone, tablet, laptop, etc). Ok, so what about the admin do you create a person for them? Odd people categories for that. Also, you can create your own names and is that intended for categories like Network, Smart Home, etc.

Thanks In Advance

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,794
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MotoMike
    If the response from Marc resolves your issue, then please accept it as the answer so other users with the similar issues would know hot to address this. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,191
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MotoMike33 , I use the people categories along with a fingbox to let me know when my family comes and goes from the house.  The way you do this is to create the user, assign a device they use that they take with them like a cell phone, and then when they leave it will make note of it as well as when they return.  I'm sure others will chime in with ideas but this is what I do with it.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • MotoMikeMotoMike Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Marc,
    Thanks for your response. Makes sense.

Mike