Fingbox Presence Slow Response Times

Mordorf
Mordorf Member Posts: 7
First Comment

I'm having a problem with user presence. Despite having the Timeout set to the minimum of one minute it is taking several minutes before it actually recognises the user has left the area. I have two users, my wife and myself and the problem affects both of us.

Also it's slow in recognising our arrival. It certainly looks like this fing isn't much use for Presence sensing unless you are happy with a several minute delay.

Is there any way to make it more responsive?

Comments

• Mordorf
    First Comment

Looking into this a bit more it seems that with regards to a leave event the fingbox is recognising this in time but ifttt isn't getting or processing the event for a few minutes. I have no idea if this is a problem with fingbox notifying ifttt of the change or if it's ifttt being slow to process. Are there any advanced logging on the fingbox that might show exactly what is happening and when?

And with regards the arrivals it seems that it has to wait for the device to actually connect to the wifi. I thought the fence feature meant that as soon as the device became in range it would set the presence regardless of whether it was actually connected or not. Seems very stupid for it to have a fence feature and not use it in this way.

I'd appreciate any help with this as I'm on the verge of sending this back to amazon for a refund.

Thanks in advance.

• Mordorf
    First Comment

Another update. It seems that it is fingbox that is slow to notify. So today at 16:08 fingbox device history logged the device offline but ifttt did not respond with the action until 16:10. I set the send notification option in the fing app and the notification email had a time stamp of 16:10 too but also showed an offline time of 16:08.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Mordorf
    I have created a Zendesk ticket as I might require some personal information like Fingbox MAC address to investigate this issue. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
This discussion has been closed.