IFTTT User Groups

Mordorf
Mordorf Member Posts: 7
First Comment

The user groups in IFTTT don't match the groups in the Fingbox app. How can I assign users to the guest user group that is listed as an option in IFTTT?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 892
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't currently have a Fingbox but perhaps someone that does can help @Marc @vulcansheart

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,897
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a user of that automation.  Let’s open it up...  @Pixelpopper , @kltaylor , @eJony, @Ciaran ... Do you partake in the IFTTT automation route and have experience with matching group names?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    rooted
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,145
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hey @Mordorf
    You need to select the Fingbox as Home Fingbox from the network tab and click on ISP. Then it will provide you with options "Home, Work" etc. Select Home and then create a separate user and assign devices to it. The new user needs to be put in "others' Category to be taken as Guest.

1) Go to ' People' tab and then click on the '+' sign

2) Either choose a contact from the list or create Custom.

3) Fill the details and choose the category for that user.(In your case: Others)

4) Select the device for the user from the list below.

5) Click 'Save'.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted
  • Mordorf
    First Comment

Excellent, many thanks for all your help everyone.

Very much appreciated:-)

rooted
  • Mordorf
    First Comment

I can't seem to get this working with groups. I have a couple of watched devices I want to trigger something but it's not working. I have a couple of other connected devices with triggers using specific users and this seems to work ok. Any ideas?

• Mordorf
    First Comment

Managed to sort of get it working. I had to add the users to the Help group. Only problem is the devices keep coming and going on/offline. I suppose I need to increase the timeout but was wanting to keep it to a minimum of one minute which seems to work fine for both my wife and my phones that are connected rather than just watched.

Robin_from_Fing