Current Community Issues - FIXED (23rd Dec)

CiaranCiaran Posts: 402Administrator
100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers 25 Likes
admin

Hi All,

Unfortunately, we have experienced 2 issues over the weekend in relation to the Community Platform:

1. Search Bar not working:    When you try to search for something, an error screen is appearing - ‘Something has gone wrong’:   FIXED
  2. Display issue - ‘Moderator’ Status:  users are being displayed as 'Moderators' (but do not have moderator permissions). - FIXED

We have escalated these issues to our Community Platform partners to query why users are being displayed as 'Moderators' despite not having Moderator permissions & the issue relating to searching for topics.

Apologies for the confusion and thank you for reporting. I will update the Community publicly when this display issue is resolved.

Thank you for reporting & for your patience,

Ciaran

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
rootedVABelle

Comments

• OrangeBucketOrangeBucket Posts: 16Member
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

I got a message on the 20th, telling me had been promoted to moderator. I thought this seemed unlikely. However that would be more than just a display issue.

• CiaranCiaran Posts: 402Administrator
    admin
    @OrangeBucket thanks. To clarify, yes clearly what ever change was made, triggered a 'promoted' update. My reference to the display is that all that changed from a members profile was that 'MOD' is displayed on their profile (i.e. no other permissions were added or removed).
    We are awaiting a response on this. Apologies again
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • mozarellamozarella Posts: 92Member, Beta Tester
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    As written from @OrangeBucket  i also got a message telling me that i had been promoted to moderator. I thought that this is because of beta-tester and early adopter
    Ciaran
    admin

Thank you all for reporting this issue, our platform provider has now come back to advise that they have put in a fix for the 'Search issue'. I have tested it and it seems to work but let me know if the issue still persists for you (perhaps refresh the browser and log out and back in if needs be). THe 'MOD' display issue is still not resolved but should be shortly. Thanks again for reporting this.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    rooted
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USPosts: 315Moderator
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Likes Member of the Month
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for keeping us informed @Ciaran, I confirm search is working now on my end.

Ciaran
    admin
    @rooted great stuff. Thanks for checking. And to confirm that the issue with Members being displayed as Moderators (MOD) is now resolved also. If you sign out and sign back in, you should see this reflected (I just checked this on my provate account and it worked). Thank you all again for reporting. Apologies for the confusion that it caused also. Have a great holiday season all :smile:
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    rooted
  • OKCOKC Posts: 36Member, Beta Tester
    10 Comments First Answer 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I also got the 'promoted to moderator' email and couldn't understand why. Now I know *wink*
  • JohnJohn Posts: 93Moderator
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Founder
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise was over the moon I had been promoted to a mod  :D