I have moved to a different network and no longer see the settings for the Fingbox.

Boxman
Boxman Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic

I had the lights in DND mode, but managed to reset (yes, I know this basically only removes historical data) and now see a white light. In the Fing app, it looks like it did before I got a Fingbox. There isn’t anywhere to adjust settings of the box. I’m fine resetting the whole thing, but it’s locked to my account, so I can’t easily do that either. How do I get it working right again?

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,897
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Boxman , first thing this is the recommended way to move it to a new network...  https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/move-fingbox-new-network/

"Move Fingbox to a New Network

To move your Fingbox to a new network, follow these simple steps:

• Locate the network name in the middle of the top bar of the screen – click on the drop-down arrow next to this.
    • This will take you through to the My Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Swipe left on the Network with the Fingbox on it and click on the Deactivate that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Just connect it to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding again for your new network."

Note: You need to deactivate the old network before you can your fingbox to a new one.  Do that first and then see if your fing can be reconfigured.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciaranrooted
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @Boxman if you are still struggling, send me a direct message with the email address associated with the Fingbox, the MAC address of the Fingbox and along with your request, and I will do my utmost to help. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

OKC