Which VPN application is best to purchase which can work with Netflix as well?

Robin_Ex_Fing
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
I am looking to purchase any VPN application mostly for general purposes like watching US Netflix and some other online shows which are not available in my region. 
Please suggest some good trusted options and the reason for it.
Thanks
Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Best Answers

• vulcansheart
    vulcansheart Member, Beta Tester Posts: 117
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2019 #2 Answer ✓
    I have had success streaming netflix with a lesser known VPN provider called vpnsecure. My primary VPN (PIA) doesn't play well with netflix.

41 4c 4c 20 59 4f 55 52 20 42 41 53 45 20 41 52 45 20 42 45 4c 4f 4e 47 20 54 4f 20 55 53
  • Scooby
    Scooby Member Posts: 178
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    #3 Answer ✓
    Although I don't use it, ExpressVPN might be something to look into:

rootedMarko
  • vulcansheart
    vulcansheart Member, Beta Tester Posts: 117
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    #4 Answer ✓
    Based on your criteria (price not being one), I recommend Nord. They have a zero logs policy, implement lots of features, have high speed/reliability, and are one of the best at unblocking netflix.
    41 4c 4c 20 59 4f 55 52 20 42 41 53 45 20 41 52 45 20 42 45 4c 4f 4e 47 20 54 4f 20 55 53
    InvisibleNinjaVABelleLouieV22

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking for VPN which works with Netflix and in terms of these 5 categories
    1) Security
    2) Speed
    3) Settings
    4) Usage
    5) Stability

If any of you guys know about these categories in terms of their own VPN, please let me know so I can settle on any one.
    Thanks again
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Pax0707
    Pax0707 Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    If it's only for streaming region-locked content it simpler to use just set DNS from that country.
    As an extra bonus that will also work on devices that don't have VPN clients, eg Apple TV.
    Robin_Ex_FingDexter
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 893
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2019 #7

ExpressVPN works with Netflix and is by far the fastest VPN I've used.

It's secure as well:

I tested Netflix and ran a speed test, it's still the fastest.

Robin_Ex_FingOKC
  • VABelle
    VABelle Member Posts: 72
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I just installed NordVPN on my iPhone X and MacBook; not having any problems yet.
    Robin_Ex_FingScarlett70SteveP
  • John
    John Member Posts: 111
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    I use windscribe and never had any issues, plus supports netflix us.  My connection is about 30mbps on a speed test
    Robin_Ex_Fing
  • RainCaster
    RainCaster My deskMember, Beta Tester Posts: 55
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭
    I am using IPVanish, and while it is fast and reliable, Amazon and Netflix do not allow it for viewing streaming material. 
    Robin_Ex_Fing
  • kjalger
    kjalger Member Posts: 10
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic
    Being with Vodafone in the UK we have the unique problem that our WAN IP can occasionally suggest that we are either in India or the Republic of Ireland!  Which means even streaming UK content can be problematic!  So we actually went for SmartDNSProxy.com so it gives access to VPN services if you need them, but most of the time you can use it to easily spoof your location to DNS servers!  Not having to go the full VPN route tend to mean that it's fast, and when we've used it for Netflix it's been 100%!
    Robin_Ex_FingDexter
  • Geordon
    Geordon Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    I've been using TorGuard for years.  The customer service is fantastic.  It's a good middle of the road provider and allows up to I think 5 devices logged in with the same account at the same time.  The downtime that I've had in the years that I've been with them is less than an hour total.  Streaming is an add-on, but if you click through https://torguard.net/aff.php?aff=4498 and use coupon code streaming_50 you can get 50% off of every month of Anonymous Proxy, Anonymous VPN, Streaming Bundle.

Robin_Ex_Fing
  • Marko
    Marko CanadaMember Posts: 20
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    express VPN is the best I think but it’s awesome for Netflix US and UK and also Amazon Video it’s expensive but a very good service to have 

Regards,

Marko

[Deleted User]
  • Space
    Space Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    I have syfer. It is hardware for all devices connected at one location . 
    See mysyfer.com 
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Member, Beta Tester Posts: 18
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

I use KeepSolid inc VPN and I have no problem with it. But I do live here in the states and I pay for all my services. The other thing you could look at would be SmartDNS. That helps unlock US Netflix and speed would not be dropped, as they advertise it on their website. I have no use for it but you could check it out! Hope that helps.

• 1000ouz
    1000ouz Member Posts: 2
    edited April 3, 2020 #16
    Swiss company you can trust (https://protonvpn.com/about)
    zero logs
    VPN code open sourced (https://protonvpn.com/blog/open-source/)
    Worldwide presence
    They operate the protonmail.com platform as well, pretty secured
    Founders coming from CERN (www)
    I am not working for them, just a satisfied user.

OKC
  • OKC
    OKC Member, Beta Tester Posts: 75
    5 Answers 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭
    Space said:
    I have syfer. It is hardware for all devices connected at one location . 
    See mysyfer.com 

That looks like an excellent idea. The lifetime warranty seems like the best deal but i always have problems with a company going out of business or merging and not honoring the original agreement. I'm interested and going to look into this thanks.
  • Jeff2A
    Jeff2A Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    Windscribe (https://windscribe.com) works great for me and has for years! Found a good deal and subscribed for a 3-year period.

Keep your eyes from tech sites (9to5Mac for example) that have special deals on subscriptions to VPN services. You can also find some deep discounts if you search on the web too.