I have 1027 tsp services running on my router

Best Answer

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓
    Hi @Rjbobby
    The 1st screenshot refers to the opened ports for the particular device you run the scan against for. And the 2nd screenshot defines the list for all the ports Fing App checks if it is open during the scan. If you feel there are some ports that you want to get monitored and is not present in the list, then you can add those ports as well. Overall there are about 65k available ports.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ScoobyRjbobby

Answers

• Scooby
    Scooby Member Posts: 178
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    Can you post a picture? Do you mean TCP Port 1027 is showing as "open" on your router?
  • Rjbobby
    Rjbobby Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 20, 2019 #4

No there are 1027 Tc ports open for various task

• Rjbobby
    First Comment Photogenic

Typo Tc ports

• Rjbobby
    First Comment Photogenic

And why are there so many addresses

• Rjbobby
    First Comment Photogenic

Is there anyway an experienced tech might access my.router to see just how much damage there is.

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @rooted @Marc @Maya @eJony wanna share your 2 cents on this. Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 893
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the firewall disabled perhaps?

• eJony
    eJony Member, Beta Tester Posts: 45
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    @Rjbobby
    I do think you should be concerned about the ports you have open. Let's break this down a bit.

You have 5 open ports to the internet. Meaning there are 5 services that are exposed to the internet. If you didn't open these ports (or know what did). You should close them. In the Fing app (assuming you have a FingBox), you can ask the app to close these ports. If you don't have a FingBox you have to close the ports by logging into your router. Closing these ports may cause some of your applications on your home network to stop working. But it is always good to know why you have ports open to the internet.

The 1,025 services defined just tell you what each port typically does. It is possible to (roughly, not technically) use any service on any port, but typically certain port numbers are for particular purposes. It doesn't mean you have 1,025 open TCP ports.

You have 6 IP addresses. 5 of these are IPv6 addresses and 1 is an IPv4 address. IPv6 addresses have "scope" meaning they are valid for certain locations. You can read more about that here: https://etherealmind.com/ipv6-which-address-multiple-ipv6-address-default-address-selection/. But simply, your IP addresses are fine.

But you should figure out why you have 5 ports open to the internet. It's not so much that you have 5 open. It's the fact that one of is used to copy data from your network to the public internet. 

[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Scooby
    Scooby Member Posts: 178
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2019 #13
    To see if the ports are "open" on the Internet, run a "ShieldsUP!" check, at https://www.grc.com. Recommend selecting the "All Service Ports" option. "Red" ports are "open". If any ports show "red" (open), then I'd be concerned.
    It's possible the 5 ports are only open on the "local" (LAN) side of router, but the router's firewall is blocking the ports from the Internet (WAN) side.

Marcrooted