Node Red and Fing ?

RHH
RHH Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
First Anniversary Founder Name Dropper First Comment
✭✭

Hi

will you open up the API to allow node red support via Rest type api?

or in the interim more IFTTT supported actions.

thanks

Tagged:
[Deleted User]kltaylorbhoustonLiveMike
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Best Answer

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    We don't have plans for node red support at this time. What additional IFTTT functions would you be looking for?
    https://ifttt.com/fing 

Community Manager at Fing

Comments

• jomo_42
    jomo_42 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I use Node Red and Fing together through the Webhook handler via IFTTT. Granted, I haven't found much use for the full IFTTT integration other than for presence information for particular users (the "is anybody home" IFTTT function).
    I reflect this status into Home Assistant and then use Node Red flow to configure the house for home/away based on Fing presence. Works pretty well, if slightly delayed. If Fing ever added something like MQTT support or direct Webhook support, it'd likely work much more reliably and quicker, but this works for me.
    VioletChepilHronos
  • RHH
    RHH Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    First Anniversary Founder Name Dropper First Comment
    ✭✭

@VioletChepil it would be good to have the presence and the other features you currently support via IFTTT but without using webhooks to use within nodered or other Rest API local to the LAN.

Thanks

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing @jomo_42. Yes, we ran some test with automation systems like IFTTT and Zapier and also voice control. 
    Of course, we need to see significant uptake of these automation systems to make them worthwhile to invest in. I guess the uptake of IFTTT is pretty good but could always be better. 

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turning this into an ideation thread so others can upvote this feature if they are interested too!