Not updating with new name or new type

dteague
dteague Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I have many IoT devices, and I have noticed that when I look up a system that I know is on an IP address, it may show an old machine name and/or the old type, even after refreshing. I have latest version of app.  Ideas?

.100 is the garage camera, but is not a fire stick, and .102 is not currently my flip dot sign (as it is turned off for months)

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 892
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could try clicking the three part triangle in upper right and choose clear, then refresh.

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @dteague do you have all of the permissions granted for Fing app to run? If not, you may lose saved information relating to devices.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• dteague
    dteague Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    So, tried clear and refresh, and it still is picking up devices that claim to be online that no longer exist. I also thought it interesting that it found equipment offline, when it did it's scan.

The iOS app has all the permissions as well.
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 892
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay this sounds like a real issue with the application, perhaps you should also email support to report the bug.

[email protected]

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @dteague
    Can you check for the devices which are wrongly recognized show their MAC addresses or not? Also, Can you try to delete the complete network and then run the scan again to see if the devices are updated or not? Also, please make sure the location permissions are enabled for the app. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!