Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
  • Havequestions
    Havequestions FloridaMember Posts: 14

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @Havequestions thank you for the query. I have promoted your post to the top of the Community display in order to hopefully get more suggestions on your query. Thanks again
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• vulcansheart
    vulcansheart Member, Beta Tester Posts: 117
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2019 #5
    I'm a bit confused by your question, and what you've screenshot from shodan. Can you go into more detail on what you mean by "networks around me"?
    Is 47.89.244.17 your network address? Did you do a geographic search for your area, and those are in the list?
    41 4c 4c 20 59 4f 55 52 20 42 41 53 45 20 41 52 45 20 42 45 4c 4f 4e 47 20 54 4f 20 55 53
    [Deleted User]
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 892
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On that screenshot what did you search for?

• helpme
    helpme Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

hey guys sorry i cant login to my account so this is a new one. this is a something i searched in the us and the macs listefd 47.89.244.17and its not mine. i really need help logging in to help get more info

• helpme

@vulcansheart no what happened is this will b the third time ive had to deactivate the fingbox for some reason. oh sorry im the same person that posted just locked out again. and whrn i deactivated is when this network and others popped up. i also have 8 secutrity cams that i also keep getting locked out of. so my question to the community is could somehow someone log into the fingbox before i actually layed eyes on it after being delivered bu amazon. like i said earlier this will b the third or forth time now. getting a lil monotonous

• Havequestions
    Havequestions FloridaMember Posts: 14

well im back in can i plz get some help. im back in and couldnt get anything to connect so i deactivated the fing box then unplugged removed all devices from the app including access point and plugged back in while holding reset for about 20 secs waited a few minutes til led turned green and and now app cant find fing box but when i refresh it is in the device list. amy help would b greatly appreciated

• vulcansheart
    vulcansheart Member, Beta Tester Posts: 117
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 5 Answers 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019 #10
    I apologize, but I am still very confused. Are you locked out of your fing account? Are you trying to reconnect your fingbox to your account after resetting it? And also, why the screenshots of shodan?
    41 4c 4c 20 59 4f 55 52 20 42 41 53 45 20 41 52 45 20 42 45 4c 4f 4e 47 20 54 4f 20 55 53
    Havequestions
  • helpme

i thought that if i plugged in the ip address it would give me some information on what services they were running and the general location of where its coming from i live in a somewhat populated area and wanted to see if it could have been passers by or if it is coming from my area. yes im having alot of issues i am very new to network sevurity and im trying to learn. im sure alot of it is probably user error but some tjings that happen that i see are very strange. like for instance. in the app i believe in fing settings disable user logs sometimes appear in settings but most of the time dont appear at all. the watch device option in networks samething thing. there are devices that i find have same ssid but signal strengths are not the same orange ssids at times no idea what that does. the fing icon is on rigjt of name of devices same place the flag is on some devices. will also appear and disappear. and the strangest is the multiple access points being connected to the fingbox.i have read a few posts here and all have said it only monitors 1 access point. why does mine have 4.im just as confused any insight would be great

• MollC
    MollC Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi, you mentioned believing your fingbox is monitoring 4 access points.. In regards to that, I’m pretty sure the top network would be the network it’s currently connected to & monitoring.. The 3 below it, theoretically, should be networks it’s connected to in the past but not at this moment. Does that make sense? Do you recognize all of the 4 SSID’s listed?

• MollC
    MollC Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

Also, your devices can have the same SSID yet different signal strengths. It just has to do with how close the devices physically are to the router etc. Closer it is, stronger the signal should be. There’s other factors as well, but that’s usually the main determiner. So I wouldn’t be too concerned with that- in regards to security anyway.