Anyone know what device this is ? " China Greatwall Computer Shenzhen"

beraadberaad Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

I seen this show up under devices and i deleted it and it came back. It says generic 192.168.1.2 ip address. Can someone explain to me please. I am pretty sure i i have been hacked and it has turned my family upside down.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GingerbeastGingerbeast Member Posts: 1
    First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2019 Accepted Answer

I'm betting it's a wireless camera that will act as a wifi connection. for Android phones to connect to directly.

Answers

• OrangeBucketOrangeBucket Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

Looks like they make various things.

Does the device have open ports? Have you tried connecting to it? Is it using an address in the DHCP range of your router? Does the router say if it is wired or wireless? Have you definitely accounted for all the devices you possess? Can you block it from your router to see if anything stops working? Have you changed the Wi-Fi password to see if anything stops working? If you reboot the router does it reconnect immediately?

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @beraad

Generic devices are those devices for which Fing was not able to identify the vendor and what kind of device it is. If there is any device in your house which is using any kind of internet(Wifi) then Fing App can show you all devices connected on your network. You can use this external link to know about the vendor of the device: https://aruljohn.com/mac/F45EAB 

The Fing App discovery will identify devices on a best effort basis, based on the information made available by the device, e.g. the MAC address. There are numerous reasons why the device might not be recognized correctly e.g. 

- The DHCP server is not refreshing when speaking to your Fingbox. 

- Limited information being offered by specific devices. 

You can try to remove the device from the device list and then scan again if updated information is fetched or not.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • BobDBobD Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Do you have a security camera system hooked up to a DVDR? Mine has a similar name with Shenzen Technologies in it.
  • EsdrasinEsdrasin Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Es tu módem, tiene enrutador, por eso aparece así, checa la dirección IP que está escrita en tu modem, y si coincide con esa que describes, es la misma, no hay problema, saludos.

• lapdragonlapdragon Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I found one in my network too - it turned out to be an Android tablet (ONN Brand, which is one of the tech brands of Walmart).