Photogenic First Comment
edited December 2019 in Fingbox

This goes on all day.

I haven't went anywhere

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 762
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

It looks like your WiFi is disconnecting repeatedly. What type of device is "Pam"?

• Sherry4410Sherry4410 Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

My Samsung Galaxy 8+ cell phone

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 762
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Next time you leave your phone sitting with the screen off for a few minutes see if the WiFi icon in the upper right of the task bar is missing for a second when you turn the screen on.

Photogenic First Comment

No it still shows up.

Excuse my delay I got knocked down with the flu

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Sherry4410

The reason you may be experiencing this issue in relation to alerts for specific users/devices, is that you might have changed the state change alert from default value to a different value. The usual default value is 20 minutes. Sometimes, when the device is not in use, it may go to sleep mode and then if the state change is set to the lowest value of 1 or 2 minutes, it can be recorded as offline or out of range. So, when it returns back from the sleep mode, it will be marked as 'Online' and thus providing you with an alert. If the state change alert value is set to more than 20 minutes, then until that time period is finished, that device will still be marked 'Online' and only after that time period it will be recorded as 'Offline', thus providing you with an alert. 

In order to change the alert settings, please click on the device from the device list and then scroll down to 'State Change Timeout(auto)' . You can then set the value to at least 20 minutes. This will resolve your issue.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rootedSherry4410
    Photogenic First Comment
    I will check that and let you know.
    I appreciate your time and patients.
    Ciaran