IDEA: Suspend App alerts for a time period option

AustinJerry
AustinJerry Member Posts: 105
Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited December 9, 2019 in Fing App #1
I have a number of devices in my home security system that are on the wireless network.  All of these devices have the “Alert me when state changes” setting turned on.  Occasionally, I need to reset my wireless router for various reasons.  When the router comes back on line, I am flooded with Fing alerts for devices that went offline, and again when the devices come back on line.  Every one of my mobile devices as well as my email account receives these alerts, requiring quite a bit of clean-up.  It would be nice to have an option in the app that would temporarily suspend state change alerts for a selected time, say 15 minutes.  After the elapsed time, the alerts would be automatically re-enabled, in case the user forgets.  Antivirus programs have a similar option that allows a user to temporarily suspend AV protection for a short period of time to allow software installations that would be difficult if AV protection were enabled.

Anyone else see value in an enhancement like this?
Fingbox owner from the beginning
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @AustinJerry this is a nice idea and a good user case outlined. I have turned this post into an 'idea'. If other users feel this functionality would be useful please simply click 'Upvote' icon. Thanks (I have also slightly edited the title to make it easily identifiable)

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• AustinJerry
    AustinJerry Member Posts: 105
    Second Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is a better title, thanks.
    Fingbox owner from the beginning