Comments on Fing desktop- feedback

RainCasterRainCaster My deskPosts: 36Member, Beta Tester
10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic
✭✭
Overall, it looks nice. Simple appearance. Clean UI. (Windows version)
Not very powerful. Missing features that are present in the Android version.
Updates. It's nice that you do an update when one is available. As you have learned by now, you need to alert the user that an update is being downloaded in the background. Please add that to your feature list as it will save you on support costs. You are still working out some update-install issues that cause "Fing service not found" messages. Please make certain that a requirement of the install is to never require a reboot of the machine.
FingBox integration. This is a nice feature of the mobile versions of FingApp. I can connect to the network and see it from the viewpoint of the FingBox. I can test the connection bandwidth between the mobile device and the FingBox. I can test the network to internet bandwidth as it's seen by the FingBox, independent of the device-to-FingBox connection limits.
Other network properties. The FingBox gathers many great details about the devices on the network. Please show them in the devices list. Stuff like UPnP properties, domain controller & properties, Bonjour, DHCP props, SNMP props. These properties are very interesting when troubleshooting network issues, and when looking for security issues. These are ideal for adding to the display real estate available on the desktop version. 
DGP

Answers

• DGPDGP Posts: 33Member, Beta Tester
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic
    Overall, it looks nice. Simple appearance. Clean UI. (Windows version)
    Not very powerful. Missing features that are present in the Android version.
    Updates. It's nice that you do an update when one is available. As you have learned by now, you need to alert the user that an update is being downloaded in the background. Please add that to your feature list as it will save you on support costs. You are still working out some update-install issues that cause "Fing service not found" messages. Please make certain that a requirement of the install is to never require a reboot of the machine.
    FingBox integration. This is a nice feature of the mobile versions of FingApp. I can connect to the network and see it from the viewpoint of the FingBox. I can test the connection bandwidth between the mobile device and the FingBox. I can test the network to internet bandwidth as it's seen by the FingBox, independent of the device-to-FingBox connection limits.
    Other network properties. The FingBox gathers many great details about the devices on the network. Please show them in the devices list. Stuff like UPnP properties, domain controller & properties, Bonjour, DHCP props, SNMP props. These properties are very interesting when troubleshooting network issues, and when looking for security issues. These are ideal for adding to the display real estate available on the desktop version.

But the confusion is complete with all these different explanations, observations from different Apps.
    This does not work. In a nutshell: this is, in my humble opinion, also in the reason of the critical comments on the Desktop App.
    The deviation is too large to keep an overview.