Cannot see all Fingboxes

System
System Administrator Posts: 85
10 Comments Photogenic
admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Polite notice: Posting tips and community etiquette.

Comments

• geoker
    geoker Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    Second Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Hi
    Not sure where to post since my problem is to do with fing boxes and the beta desktop app. I have two fing boxes, one connected to the main network and a second connected to a Mesh sub net. I can see the main fing box and other devices on the main network but not the second box. The main box is on IP Address range 192.168.1.xxx the second is on IP Address range 192.168.5.xxx. Am I doing something wrong?
    Regards
    Geoff
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Geoff. Just moved this comment over to the Fingbox category. 
    I'm looking into this issue for you. 

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Geoff,
    I'm trying to understand better.
     Fingbox is designed for the average home network. It can manage/control one LAN or VLAN and both 2.4 GHz /5 GHz Wi-Fi network with the same SSID. You will need to pick one of your SSID to monitor/control via the Fingbox. You will have to choose the network you want to monitor/control to put the Fingbox and use the Fing App to access the Fingbox. 

If the Fingbox is on a second network - you'd need to have another network to control it. Both wouldn't be on the same network.
    Let me know if I've understood correctly.

Community Manager at Fing