Need help accessing Fing Desktop Beta? Send @ciaran a DM

VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
Hello all,
Some of you are having problems access the Fing Desktop Beta. I'm sorry about this! We're getting people on as quickly as possible. Our team is based in the UK. 

Please send me a DM about this to @Ciaran and we'll get you sorted as soon as we can. 
https://community.fing.com/profile/ciaran
I'm sorry about this, there are a few reasons this may have happened:
  • you may have unsubscribed from our mailing list
  • your community account was not created in advance (and we could not adjust your permissions to give you access to the closed beta group) 
  • you are in the last group we'll let on (due to keeping things manageable)
We're learning too through this experience and can definitely improve this process for future beta's. 
Thanks for your patience! We'll help each of you as soon as we can. 
Cheers,
Violet

Community Manager at Fing

Hronoskeithatpda

Comments

• keithatpdakeithatpda Member, Beta Tester Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28
    hmmm looks perfect to me.
    on Win10 and Chrome, and latest Firefox.
    Note, firefox now blocks social network tracking by default, popped a warning message that fingcom tracking blocked.

VioletChepil
  • dolphin8dolphin8 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Please send me a download link. Thanks.

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
    Hello everyone - I've just processed all of you needing help over the night. If you can now try again!

• DarkosticaDarkostica Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    I missed the original email telling me to register. When I click the download links in the email I received, it says I don't have permissions. Have I missed the window?
    @Darkostica I've just sorted your profile. You should be able to access now! Let me know

• DarkosticaDarkostica Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    @VioletChepil Working now, thank you!
  • pk_pk_ Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Hi @VioletChepil I am seeing the same permissions message as Darkostica. Please help. 
  • dj__jgdj__jg Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Hey @VioletChepil, I too am getting the same permissions message, would love a fix, thanks!
  • kmustapakmustapa Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Hey @VioletChepil, I am getting the "Permission Problem" message.  Would appreciate your help.  Thanks.
  • northpole49northpole49 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Hey @VioletChepil, I too am getting the same permissions message, would love a fix, thanks!
  • pinkertinzpinkertinz Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    @VioletChepil
    I have a permission issue when trying to download find desktop
  • arfrie22arfrie22 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    I did not get a link to the beta. I would appreciate your help, thanks in advance!
    hi all! I've checked and updated your permissions (Those that DM'd me and also on this thread). You can try again the link I've sent you! @arfrie22 @pinkertinz @northpole49 @kmustapa @dj__jg @pk_ @Darkostica

• JazzJazz Member Posts: 1
    I can[t access the beta

• petertgreenpetertgreen Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    I got the email to access but when I try it is saying I do not have permission.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 220 admin
    Hi All, I have just gone through my Direct Messages and responded to anybody that has reached out. To confirm, we are releasing groups of Beta testers in waves. So if do not yet have access, dont worry, there is still time. If you have any concerns, please send me a direct message. Thanks all
    BoricuaTec
  • dggomdggom Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    I assume most of the people are asking the same thing I need: Where is the download for the desktop app?
    in my case is windows 10..
  • AMLFitzgeraldAMLFitzgerald Adelaide, AUSMember, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Hello, also receiving the 'Do not have permission' error.
    Hi all, just a reminder, please send me a private DM
  • thefunkygibbonthefunkygibbon Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    Hi Ciran,  I'm really needing to speedtest between my windows PC and my fingbox right now, any chance I could be sent details on how to download please today? (sent PM yesterday).  sorry for the impatience but i'm having some major issues with my network and need to troubleshoot. 
    @thefunkygibbon I have private messaged you Beta instructions. thanks
    thefunkygibbon
  • jeffjones33jeffjones33 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    I can't access the fing desktop beta. I'm getting this message

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

Please DM me and I can assist
  • Mike4920Mike4920 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    How do we get into the Beta program - if we don't do Twitter ? 
    Thanks - MikeT
  • thefunkygibbonthefunkygibbon Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    Thanks Ciaran,  for some reason I could already download and run the app fine before you gave me access (found a post on here from Violet with the links on.   very odd. 
    @Mike4920 you dont need Twitter at all? Please direct message me (using the 'envelope' icon in the top right hand corner of the Fing Community Display) type @Ciaran and request access.
  • Big_Al12Big_Al12 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Seems fine here, but I'd like to see a better way to update as new versions come available.
    Ciaran
  • K0K0RIK0K0K0RIK0 Member Posts: 1
    hello, have a permission problem to access the download link
    tommymac
  • tommymactommymac Member Posts: 1
    same

Hi, all, 

To access the Fing Desktop Beta:

Download Links:   https://community.fing.com/discussion/1726/fing-desktop-download-links

Please post any feedback in the Beta feedback area:   https://community.fing.com/categories/beta-testing-fing-app-desktop

Fing Desktop Objective & Beta Objective: https://community.fing.com/discussion/2300/fing-desktop-beta-beta-testers-objective/p1?new=1

Thanks,

Ciaran