Feature Request: Grouping Devices

heathdjheathdj Member Posts: 3
5 Likes Founder First Comment
✭✭
The ability to group devices in the app would allow us to be able to see new devices easier.  I really want to be able to group devices to myself, my wife, my not devices and also work related devices.  Then if something new pops up I can easily find it as it wouldn't be in a category.
PoohOoronVioletChepilStephen_Smith_52JohnzipDCCvers
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would most definitely be helpful for me as well - especially as the real brains in the organization (aka no me) has had multiple computers from work (she works from home) and it would be helpful to have them all in one group.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil
  • OoronOoron Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes Founder First Comment Photogenic
    ✭✭
    It partially already exists with the Fingbox. With the Fingbox you can give every device a certain user. Still you cannot really group the devices the way you suggest it. As you already mentioned a category like not my devices would be really helpful. So for me this also would be a great feature
    VioletChepil
  • BryceBryce Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭

I see where you are coming from. Already we can group devices to a user (or function), it surely can't be that much harder to include a group category to which one adds the users or other groupings already established? Group settings would override user settings I guess, just like a priority tree, top is group then user then devices.

Regards, Bryce.

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feature request! I see it has been tagged as such. Great.

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turning this into an idea thread so others can upvote too if they are interested. 

Community Manager at Fing