Not weird or wonderful but ...

Sierra1
Sierra1 UKMember, Beta Tester Posts: 7
First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder Photogenic
✭✭

It has just been reported that London and the South-East of England are suffering from huge power cuts due to the weather.

Keep safe out there!

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just seen this one now! Feel free to add @VioletChepil next time if you want to draw me into the conversation! 
    I did actually see this on the news last week. Thanks for reporting ^^ 

Community Manager at Fing

• Gidster
    Gidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    It was pretty unusual for the UK - hit some regions worst; in London - where we are - it was the transport system that took the brunt.
    But I don't think it was the weather that caused it (though it has been awful this summer), I understand two back up systems failed simultaneously when there was a surge in demand. The National Grid are investigating how it happened.
    Head of Product at Fing
    VioletChepil
  • Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years back Cincinnati got hit exceptionally hard by an extremely set of violent winds - not tornadic but straight line. It was so bad that pretty much every house in the city lost power for hours, days and, even in some remote examples, weeks.

Tree's where down everywhere. The roads were impassable for many for days. It was horribly expensive.

Somehow we got spared - our small cul-de-sac and another were one of the few who were unaffected by the power outage - although we did loose cable for a day. Power outages are funny things...
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil