Using Fingbox precence feature with Smartthings

NexxNexx Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 19 in Devices & Security
Has anyone been successful at using Fingbox user presence  along with Smartthings? Smartthings presence solution is really unreliable. I would love to connect Fingbox users to smarthings for presence features. i.e turn on lights when I arrive, disarm alarm system etc.  Thx
VioletChepilJohn

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKAdministrator Posts: 2,015 admin
    Would be great to hear any thoughts on this one! I've promoted this topic. 

Community Manager at Fing

• PoohPooh Member Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭

>:) Smartthings presence solution is really unreliable. 

They don't sound very smart...  >:)
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil
  • GPazGPaz Member Posts: 1
    Hey @Nexx, not sure if it helps ... While not using Smartthings I do have presence detection running very nicely between my Fingbox and Homey (www.athom.com) via IFTTT. Same issue. Homey presence detection flakey so put this in place and while some early hiccups think service going ok and working like a charm for a while now. 
    VioletChepil
  • limurlimur Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I use my Fingbox user presence to turn the entrance Hue lights on when user arrives, via IFTTT. Works fine.
    ...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...
    Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
    VioletChepil
  • FingCatLordFingCatLord Member Posts: 2
    I just started using my Fingbox user presence to interact with IFTTT and also have made second-order automation with my Android Tasker app.  I use both an iPhone and an Android Phone (iPhone X and Samsung Note 9), and have had successful connection with both. Using it to turn on devices is great, but whats even better is using Tasker to trigger other actions in apps and devices that normally wouldn't have an interaction. 
    VioletChepil
  • NavekNavek Member Posts: 5

I have been using Fing box presence detection via IFTTT to my smartthings for things such as my driveway lights at night, opening My garage door and allso for having my Sonos play a specific song or announcement when either I or my fiancé arrive home and so far seems reliable and effective sometimes their us a minor delay with the garage door but only a few seconds if network connectivity is needed before it triggers not to long that I'm waiting for it but long enuf I'm able to collect my things and gather my self to go inside.

VioletChepilDeleted_Username
  • kltaylorkltaylor Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navek said:

I have been using Fing box presence detection via IFTTT to my smartthings for things such as my driveway lights at night, opening My garage door and allso for having my Sonos play a specific song or announcement when either I or my fiancé arrive home and so far seems reliable and effective sometimes their us a minor delay with the garage door but only a few seconds if network connectivity is needed before it triggers not to long that I'm waiting for it but long enuf I'm able to collect my things and gather my self to go inside.

I was just about to suggest the same thing.  IFTTT has the means to assist with 'smart home' devices.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    VioletChepil
  • BatraDBatraD Member Posts: 4
    i find IFTTT flakey sometimes (takes over 15 min to trigger). a direct integration would be better..
    VioletChepil
  • bobcoxbobcox Member Posts: 1
    While you can use FingBox with IFTTT on Smartthings devices, IFTTT is quite limited. It would be a big plus to Smartthings to have FingBox as an official supported device. It's knowledge of the network could then be used in a webCoRE piston and become a potent piece of home automation.
    VioletChepil
  • SX86SX86 Member Posts: 3
    I'm using IFTTT to trigger some tasks for when my smartphone connects to my WiFi. I have a Z-Wave lock configured with my SmartThings Hub and I can get it to unlock the door once I get home...it's pretty awesome!
    VioletChepil