Forum problem: Edited posts disappear from list and need approval.

Steven
Steven Member, Beta Tester Posts: 13
10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
edited November 27, 2019 in Community Updates #1
I've made two posts in this forum, which post as expected. Both needed editing, and after editing, both said that they needed to be approved before they would be posted. Please look for these in the moderation queue.

Steve

Test Edit for @VioletChepil
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Yes it could be a finger slip.
    But TBH we did not build this software, its 3rd party and strange things have happened before and I imagine that strange things will be happening again. (Some bugs that can be reproduced/fixed) So please report anything in the Community feedback category and I can take a look.

And especially if the issue persists. In this case, since I can't replicate it, and if its not persisting for you, we will put it down to something odd...

Yes, this fast editing can also cause our spam bot to go off but I've set that to the lowest threshold since we do get very little spam and mostly fast and active posters instead! 

Thanks for reporting anyways. 

Community Manager at Fing

Answers

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Steven
    Just moving this over to the Community feedback area.
    This is where we can take a look at any community bugs!

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Steven
    I've looked into this and tried to recreate this scenario but was unable to.
    I found your post and released them from the SPAM queue. When I took a look it seemed to be that you reported the posts.
    Maybe by accident did you flag the post?
    If flagged, it will get into a queue for moderator approval.
    Let me know. Otherwise I can investigate further with the provider.
    If you like, you could edit another post of yours and see if the issue persists? 

• Steven
    Steven Member, Beta Tester Posts: 13
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    @VioletChepil

Thank you for checking. I just did a test edit on the original post in this thread, and it worked fine. I then edited it two more times quickly to see if I triggered and alert for editing too many times in a short period. (A Spam trigger on other forum software I moderate.) All went fine.

I don't know what happened with the other two posts. Both were edited, one more than once. The second one I edited to add the forgotten image. I don't think there is a "Report" or "Flag" button near what I was clicking. Who knows, though...

Thank you,
    Steve
    Steve - Northern Ohio, USA