I'm thinking, it'll be interesting to have a kind of service-checker built in fingbox. Well, fingbox is a security-device to give more "light" into the LAN. Some services are recommended to have a "healthy" LAN. E. g. DHCP and DNS-services. If somebody place a 2nd DHCP-Server somewhere, this may cause network-problems. So maybe fingbox could check, if there is another DHCP-server like the one and trusted. Same thinking at DNS-Server.
Why is it important to know if there are other DHCP-Server in a LAN? Because lots of devices will bring their own DHCP-Server with them. E. g. wifi-routers which also could be configured as accesspoint or phone-systems to be the boss in LAN for good telefon-function (VoIP).
- 5.2K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 981 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 105 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 4.8K Ask about Fing
- 482 Fing Account Change Request
- 974 Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 475 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides