Fingbox physical positioning

Pooh
Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭
One of my employees heard me rave so much about me little fingy that he up and went & bought one himself. :) He loves the technical functionality of it but he's had a devil of a time with how it's physically positioned - to wit, when place on it's side rather than the base, he's had several instances where he's lost connectivity, whereas when his fing is placed in its more natural state, it seems to be generally fine. Are there any known issues with fings placed on their side or is it potentially more likely he's got a slightly diggy fingbox? 
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
Tagged:
VioletChepil

Answers

• Joe
    Joe Member, Beta Tester Posts: 54
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, I haven’t moved mine far but I know there have been some issues with the power socket so if it’s on its side it’s probably best to make sure that’s not under any pressure. The same for the network connector. The only other thing I can think of is that the 2.4 and the 5GHz aerials (if a v2) may not be as effective due to their positioning.
    Pooh
  • Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a wireless v2? Take my money, please!

Oddly I've had no issues with my little puck, initially he sat on the top of a cabinet, now he's been stuffed on his side (rather unceremoniously I might add) in along with the Eero, switch and my office amp. I will pass on the question as to if the cables were beign crimped anywhere.

Thanks!
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving this over to Fingbox category @Pooh. I know it can be confusing because if you START a new discussion whilst in a category already it is automatically posted there. 

Community Manager at Fing

Pooh