Any great tips and tricks for Fingbox available?

jw_ned
jw_ned Member, Beta Tester Posts: 16
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited August 12, 2019 in Fingbox #1
I use the fingbox in my home network. I have basic knowledge of networking but am far from an expert. Some parts of the app are straightforward even for people with no netwerking knowlegde. But other parts require more technical knowledge. More than I have right now but I would like to learn. Please share your special routines so we can all benefit. Thanks on behalf of all.
Regards, Jacco

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread. I am just modifying the title a bit to include Fingbox and moving it over to the Fingbox category. 

Community Manager at Fing

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,708
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    One great feature is the ability to look up a device and know its IP address.  Most of my network is DHCP and from time to time I might need to access the web interface of a device to configure it.  Think network printers.  Ad DHCP addresses can change, (yes I know I can set a reservation but I'm also lazy) With fing I look up the device, because in most cases fingbox identifies the device by brand, and voila, IP address in hand and now I can just http to the IP address.  Very handy especially when I am using the app from the phone.  Best part is it requires very little technical knowledge to look up a device.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepiljw_ned