Ping from Fingbox?
If I am not connected to my network and I try to use ping from my fing app to ping a device on my network, it ultimately times out. These pings apparently originate from the device the fing app is on, and not the Fingbox itself? Not sure what traceroute is doing, but portscan seems to initiate a port scan of the target via the Fingbox.
Wouldn’t it make sense to have the ping originate from the Fingbox?
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1K Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 42 Network Infrastructure
- 4.9K Ask about Fing
- 529 Fing Account Change Request
- 1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 480 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 27 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides